Central Library Amenities & Equipment
Visit your Library to find a space to meet, study, work or read. You can use public computers and free Wi-Fi at all 27 Library locations. Find out what else you can do at your Library.
Meeting & Study Rooms
- Paid meeting rooms for up to 275 people, depending on layout. All neighborhood branch meeting and study rooms are free.
- Video conferencing room. Reserve at Level 1 World Languages desk.
- Seating and tables with electrical outlets.
Computers & Equipment
- Computers with internet access.
- Computers dedicated for browsing the catalog and accessing the Library's online resources.
- In-library use only laptops with internet access.
- Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi) during open hours.
- Public printer, copier and scanner. Print from your own device with Wi-Fi printing.
- Free scanning and online faxing station.
- WorkSource Connection Site with job search computers.
- Microsoft Office computers for offline work.
- Funding Information Network Site with grant research computers on Level 7.
- Charging station with Android and Apple charging cables.
- Courtesy phone to make brief, local phone calls.
- Microfilm reader machines on Level 9.
- Bike racks located in parking garage.
- Get to the Library on public transit.
- Paid parking in underground parking garage.
- Library Equal Access Program (LEAP) computer and resource lab on Level 1. LEAP helps people who are blind, have low vision or who are hard of hearing use library resources.
- Accessibility toolkits with adaptive equipment to help people who are blind or low vision use computers and other Library resources.
- ADA parking is available in paid underground parking garage.
- Elevator access to all levels.
- Aviation History Collection.
- Genealogy Collection.
- Maritz Map Room.
- Seattle Room.
- ZAPP Zine Collection.
- World Languages Collection.
- Dedicated areas for children and teens.
- Music Practice Rooms.
- FriendShop on Level 3 sells gifts, cards, artwork and crafts by Northwest artists.
- Short Edition Story Dispenser.
- Single-occupant all-gender restrooms, multi-stall single-gender restrooms and multi-stall single-gender children’s restrooms. View list of restroom types by location.
- Designated eating area on Level 3 near the Fifth Avenue entrance.
- Book return box is located on the west side of the building, on Fourth Ave., to the left of the entrance.
- Air conditioning.