Magazines & Newspapers
Access thousands of current and historic magazines and newspapers for your research projects.
Search for articles in The Seattle Times dating back as far as 1895 or find articles from thousands of current international magazines and newspapers in more than 60 languages for free.
Online Magazines and Newspapers
- ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry Search here for the full text of industry and trade magazines, journals and newsletters. Includes up-to-date industry reports that detail trends, challenges, opportunities, financial benchmarks, and more.
- Academic OneFile Offers a world of academic research at your fingertips, with more than 17,000 scholarly journals, podcasts and transcripts.
- Access World News Find newspapers from across the United States and around the world from more than 11,000 news sources, including over 140 from Washington State.
- America's Historical Newspapers - Early American News Explore early American history to support school assignments, genealogical and local history research, and more. Features more than 1,000 historical newspapers from all 50 states. This database includes early American newspapers previously available in America's Genealogy Bank.
- Computer Science Provides articles, news and product reviews from more than 600 publications that cover the computer, telecommunications, and electronics industries.
- eLibrary Explore one of the world’s largest general reference collections of magazines and digital content to find the information you need. Designed for students in middle school and beyond.
- Flipster online magazine collection Browse and download full-color, interactive versions of your favorite magazines. No waiting and no limit to the number of downloads you can have.
- General OneFile Need to research a topic? Here’s an easy-to-use source for searching magazines, newspapers, journals and audio content.
- LGBTQ History & Culture Explore LGBTQ history, culture, health, and political, social and legal issues in the United States and around the world. The searchable database includes approximately 1.5 million pages of information.
- New York Times (1980 to present) This ProQuest database offers searchable access to full-text articles from The New York Times.
- New York Times Digital Free access to New York Times articles online. With a free New York Times account, read on any Library computer or Wi-Fi network, or Get an access code good for 72 hours to read outside the Library or through the New York Times app. Account registration required.
- New York Times Historical Curious about the past? Find full-text and full-image content from The New York Times, including articles, headlines, ads, obituaries and more. Contains full-text and images in PDF format of the New York Times from 1851 to three years before current year.
- Online Magazines, Newspapers & Journals Find magazines, newspapers, and periodicals in the Library's online databases.
- PressReader Put the world’s great magazines and newspapers at your fingertips. More than 7,000 magazines and newspapers in more than 60 languages are available in full-page, full-color formats, just as they appear in print.
- ProQuest Doing a research project for school or work? Start with this vast archive of more than 90,000 reference and information resources that spans centuries.
- ProQuest Consumer Health For general health questions or in-depth research, here’s an easy-to-use database of more than 500 trustworthy medical journals and popular health magazines covering medicine, nutrition, lifestyle and more.
- Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce Get online access to the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce for local information on business, construction, real estate, engineering, architecture, and more.
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer (1901 - Current) Search fully digitized editions of The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, and download and print full-text articles. Depending on the issue date, different formats of articles may be available. A partial run of the The Seattle Post-Intelligencer (1901-1935) was purchased with a generous grant from The Seattle Public Library Foundation; however, the full run is currently available until further notice.
- Seattle Times (1895- Current) Search fully digitized editions of The Seattle Times, and download and print full-text articles. Depending on the issue date, different formats of articles may be available. The Seattle Times Historical Archive (1895-1984) is made possible through a generous grant from The Seattle Public Library Foundation.
- SIRS Discoverer This database offers full-text newspaper, magazine and reference content from more than 2,200 high-quality sources on topics such as current events, history, health, language arts, math, science, social studies, and technology.
- U.S. Major Dailies (formerly National Newspapers) Full-text access to five major daily newspapers: Chicago Tribune 1985-current; Los Angeles Times 1985-current; New York Times 1980-current; Wall Street Journal Eastern Edition 1984-current; and Washington Post 1987-current.
- U.S. West Newsstream (formerly Western Newspapers) Find news and information about Seattle and other Northwest communities in this collection, which includes newspapers from Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
- Washington State Newspapers Get news from over 130 sources across Washington State including newspapers, broadcast news, and community newspapers.