Job opportunities at the Library change regularly. We suggest monitoring the vacancies posted on Library Careers and the City of Seattle's Job Opportunities sites.
Apply for a Library Job
To apply for a posted position:
- Click on the position listed on Library Careers.
- The link will take you to the job bulletin in NEOGOV, which is the City of Seattle's online system for employment applications.
- Read the bulletin to learn about the job responsibilities, qualifications and application instructions. If interested, click "Apply."
- If this is your first time using NEOGOV, create an applicant profile for the City of Seattle (or log into your NEOGOV profile).
- Upload the required materials (cover letter, resume, etc.) to your NEOGOV profile so they are ready to attach to your application.
- Complete the application for the position, attach the required materials, and submit your application before the deadline.
Information requested in the application:
- Education: Names and addresses of the educational institutions with dates of attendance and completed degree(s).
- Employment history: Names, addresses and telephone numbers for current and past employers, and dates of employment.
- Cover letter: The letter should describe how your experience and skills align with the job responsibilities and qualifications. Please let us know why you are interested in the position.
- Current resume: Summarize relevant education, professional experience, training and skills.
- We only accept online applications that have been submitted in NEOGOV.
- Each posted position has a closing date, which is the application deadline. We are unable to accept application materials after the closing date.
- We will review the completed applications and contact the people that we would like to interview.
- You can check the status of your application by logging in to your NEOGOV profile.
- If you have questions, please send an email to our Human Resources team at email@example.com for assistance.