Job opportunities with the Library change regularly. To be considered for a position, take a look at Library Careers and apply for a specific job posted there. We review all applications we receive for our posted jobs.
Apply for a Library Job
To apply for a posted position:
- Click on the position listed on the Library Careers page.
Note: The link will take you to the job bulletin on governmentjobs.com (NeoGov).
- Review the bulletin and if interested, click "Apply."
- If this is your first time using Neogov, create a new profile or log into your NeoGov profile.
- Fill out the application and upload any required attachments (cover letter, resume, etc.) to your NeoGov profile so they are ready to attach to your application.
- Submit your application when complete.
Here is what you will need to complete the application
- Names and addresses of educational institutions with dates of attendance and degree awarded
- Names, addresses and phone numbers for current and past employers, including immediate supervisors' names and phone numbers and dates of service
- A cover letter (if required) that expresses your interest in employment with The Seattle Public Library and how your abilities and work experience fit with the job for which you are applying.
Other things to note:
- We only accept online applications. If you cannot complete the application online, please call Human Resources at 206-386-4121.
- Each posted position has a closing date. That is the deadline for applying for that position. We will accept application materials until the closing date. After that time, we will review all the applications we have received and contact the people we would like to interview.
- You can check the status of your application at any time by logging in to your NeoGov profile.