We partner with AARP and The United Way of King County to offer free Tax Help. In-person Tax Help is not offered in Library buildings in 2021, but United Way of King County is offering free virtual Tax Help.
Pick Up Tax Forms Curbside
1040/ 1040-SR tax forms and instructions are available to pick up at all curbside service locations during curbside service hours. We have other tax forms available at the Central Library. You can Ask Us if we have a specific form available.
Print Tax Forms Curbside
You can print your tax documents and forms at one of our curbside printing locations during their curbside service hours. Tax forms do not count toward the 10 page daily printing limit. If you need to print more than 20 pages of forms and instructions, we suggest you order the forms directly from IRS.gov.
Virtual Tax Help
United Way of King County is offering free virtual Tax Help January 20 through April 18, 2021. Upload a selfie with your photo ID and copies or photos of your tax documents at GetYourRefund.org and a tax preparer will call you to complete your return.
Virtual appointments are available:
- Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to 8 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from noon to 4 p.m.
Assistance in languages other than English is available by calling 206-461-3700.
Online Tax Resources
- All IRS forms, instructions and publications can be found on the IRS website
Free Online Tax Help
- You can get online help with your taxes from AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Online Tax Assistance
- You can get free help with your taxes on USA.gov
- For those who made $72,000 or less, use Free File on the IRS website to file your taxes with no software or accountant fees
- MyFreeTaxes.com is a partnership between H&R Block and the United Way to help you complete and file simple tax returns
- Military personnel and their families can get help from the Armed Forces Tax Council or MilTax
Need an Extension?
- If you need to file after April 15, you can request an extension from the IRS website