We partner with AARP and The United Way of King County to offer free Tax Help, however in 2020 our partners have suspended in-person Tax Help until further notice. On this page, we have gathered some resources to help you complete and file your taxes for the July 15, 2020 deadline.
Online Tax Resources
- All IRS forms, instructions and publications can be found on the IRS website
- If you need to file after July 15, you can request an extension from the IRS website
- You can get online help with your taxes from AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Online Tax Assistance
- You can get free help with your taxes on USA.gov
- Military personnel and their families can get help from the Armed Forces Tax Council or MilTax
- Use Free File on the IRS website to file your taxes with no software or accountant fees (for those who made $66,000 or less)
- MyFreeTaxes.com is a partnership between H&R Block and the United Way to help you complete and file simple tax returns
Tax Forms at Central
Basic tax forms are available every day at the Central Library from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Fourth Avenue entrance.
The following are available:
- 1040 form and instructions
- Extension forms
- Forms from the 1099 series
- W-2 and W-3 forms
Library staff will not be available to answer any tax or tax form questions – all forms will be distributed with no contact.
IRS Tax Help Videos
2020 Tax Payment Deferment
Taxpayers can defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, without penalties and interest, regardless of the amount owed. This deferment applies to all taxpayers, including individuals, trusts and estates, corporations and other non-corporate tax filers as well as those who pay self-employment tax.
Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this automatic federal tax filing and payment relief. Individual taxpayers who need additional time to file beyond the July 15 deadline, can request a filing extension by filing Form 4868 through their tax professional, tax software or using the Free File link on IRS.gov. Businesses who need additional time must file Form 7004.