Explore reading resources from the Library and our partners including book lists and virtual events.
Digital Magazines & Newspapers
- Ebooks for Kids (Click here for all titles Available Now)
- Bookflix - Animated stories and interactive games keep young readers engaged and help build vocabulary.
- Tumblebooks - Help your child build reading, math and language skills with this fun collection of animated, talking picture books for preschool and elementary-age children.
Seattle Public Library Story Times
Story Time: Our story times are interactive learning opportunities where kids of all ages enjoy stories, rhymes, songs and fun with our children's librarian and community storytellers.
Featured BIPOC Story Times
- Africatown Storytime - Seattle area Black educators come together to read children's books online.
- Spanish Children’s Stories - Well-known children’s stories translated into Spanish and read by a native Spanish speaker.
- Sankofa Read Aloud - Videos featuring books written by and about African Americans.
- KidLitTV - Explore the world of children’s literature through read-alouds, book trailers, crafts, activities and more.
- Reading is Fundamental Read-Aloud Videos - Animated read-alouds (Pre-K to 6th grade). Also features many lesson plans, activities, and printable materials.
- Storyline Online - Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- Storytime from Space - While in space, astronauts videotape themselves reading books to the children of Earth. This is a project of the Global Space Education Foundation.
- Unite for Literacy Free Ebook Collection: provides free access to digital picture books, narrated in many languages.