Greenwood Branch Named Spaces
Read about the donors who generously donated to The Seattle Public Library Foundation to help build the Greenwood Branch.
Terry R. Collings Reading Area
In 1989, Terry Collings was hired as The Seattle Public Library’s first development officer and served as executive director from 1989 to 2007. During his 18-year tenure, Mr. Collings built a robust fundraising operation to include annual and capital giving programs along with major endowments that provide ongoing support for collections, programs and endowed staff positions. He is a longtime Rotarian and active with the Ballard Club.
Friends of The Seattle Public Library Meeting Room
Since 1941, the Friends of the Seattle Public Library has been a grassroots volunteer organization that has supported the Library as an essential institution in society.
Susan and Glen Beebe Study Room
Long-time Phinney residents Susan and Glen Beebe believe that access to libraries is important.
Susan was first a journalist and a lawyer before earning her library degree at the University of Washington in 1990. She combined her talents by working at a Seattle law firm as a lawyer-librarian. As a community volunteer, she has taught citizenship at The Literacy Source, worked on the Phinney Neighborhood Association newspaper, assisted at her daughter’s school libraries, and quilts with the Stone Soup Quilters.
Glen worked as a graphic designer at the Boeing Company for 30 years. In retirement he has continued to create designs primarily for musicians and other non-profit groups, as well as producing a book on the history of Northwest psychedelic posters entitled: “Split Fountain Hieroglyphics”. He is a photographer and an avid art collector.