Impact on Adult Learning
We provide free educational classes so people can gain skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
Programs and Services for Adult Learning in 2017
Summary of Adult Learning Programs
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes
- We offered English language learning and conversation classes for adults and families.
- 4,800+ Seattle residents attended over 400 English language classes in 2017
- Participants showed significant gains in their reading test scores
- We offered classes to help people prepare for the U.S. citizenship interview and civics test.
- 82 U.S. citizenship classes held in 2017
- 1,300+ people were helped with citizenship applications and interviews
Adult education workshops
- We offered help with job readiness, GED preparation, life skills and more through one-to-one adult education tutoring.
- 3,000 adults attended adult education workshops in 2017
- 200+ classes offered through community partnerships
Other key 2017 initiatives
- Computer classes for Somali refugee women at the NewHolly Branch
- Fake News Survival class