Academic Support for Pre-K - Grade 2
Explore resources from the Library and our partners to help students achieve academic success.
Get access to encyclopedias, articles, newspapers and databases to help you with your student research projects, including:
- Access Video - Access Video lets you watch video on demand from any computer or tablet, with no app or software to download. The Access Video collection includes online shows and documentaries from channels like PBS, BBC, History Channel, A&E and more.
- AtoZ the World: Want to learn about another country? Get in-depth information about 175 countries, including history, culture, customs, food, religion, travel information, maps and much more.
- Britannica Library: Children: Offers thousands of articles, images, videos and more to help students from kindergarten through high school learn about the world.
- CultureGrams: Get an inside look at the daily life, history, culture and customs of the world's people. Includes information on more than 200 countries, every U.S. state and all 13 Canadian provinces and territories.
- Kanopy Kids - Browse educational and engaging videos for children of all ages.
Free Online Tutoring
- Virtual Tutoring - K – 12 students in Seattle can get free virtual tutoring from Tutor.com with a Library card or Library Link number.
- Bedtime Math - Engaging math activities for kids.
- Prodigy - Engaging, curriculum aligned math practice for students K-8th grade.
- TumbleMath Library: Math concepts taught through stories and literature. This collection of math stories combines animation, narration, and sound to teach math concepts focusing on grades K-6. Access generously provided by TumbleBooks during the COVID-19 crisis.
Multiple School Subjects
- Brainpop Jr. - A learning resource supporting core and supplemental subjects, reaching millions of learners worldwide. Also available in Spanish.
- Khan Academy - A nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Day by day projects to keep students reading, thinking and growing.
- Think Indigenous: Online Indigenous Education K-8 - In light of the current situation regarding school closures, educators across Turtle Island have come together to provide online learning opportunities for students K-8.
- Wide Open School - free virtual learning resources by grade and subject.
Seattle Public Schools Resources
- Dance Mat Typing - Learn to type and practice your skills using fun typing games for grades K-12.