Global Reading Challenge
The Global Reading Challenge is a reading incentive program for 4th and 5th graders enrolled in Seattle Public Schools. Students form teams and read selected books, then take part in a trivia competition.
2022 Global Reading Challenge
Kids around the city are excited about Global Reading Challenge and we are too! We will have the Global Reading Challenge this year, but we are still finalizing all the details. Here is what we know so far:
- There are 8 books this year.
- There will be a special series of virtual author events available to Seattle Public Schools. These will be happening November through January.
- We will distribute physical books through participating schools.
- We have plenty of digital copies of the books available.
- You can use Library Link with your student ID number to check out e-books and e-audio.
- Schools decide on teams, so keep in touch with your teacher or school librarian if you want to participate.
- Trivia Teams will compete virtually against other teams from their school in February.
2022 Global Reading Challenge Books
Global Reading Challenge Past Years' Books
Since 1996, we have partnered with the Seattle Public Schools on a reading incentive program. Students form teams and read selected books, then take part in a trivia competition. These are the past years' book lists.
The Global Reading Challenge is a reading incentive program for 4th and 5th graders enrolled in Seattle Public Schools.