Covid Collection Submission
Help the Library's Special Collections Department document the Covid-19 pandemic in Seattle. Share your story through the form below and contribute photographs, short videos, and other digital material.
See the photos, videos, songs, podcasts, artwork, stories and other materials already submitted in our Special Collections Online.
The content shared here will be made available to the public through the library's digital collections. You must be at least 18 to submit material and items submitted must be your own. Parents and guardians may submit materials for children and teens under 18. See our full Terms and Conditions below.
Please share your experience
Some questions you may want to consider:
- How has the pandemic impacted you?
- What has your daily life been like?
- How has your work life been impacted? Are you an essential worker, suddenly unemployed or working from home?
- How has your family life been impacted? Are you homeschooling kids? Caring for family members? Living alone?
- What are creative ways you are connecting and/or supporting your neighbors and friends?
- Have recent events in the news impacted you?
- What will you remember the most about this time 10 years from now?
Another Way to Contribute to the Collection
If you have physical items you would like to donate to The Seattle Public Library's Special Collections such as photographs, artwork, posters or other items related to Covid-19, please send them to:
Attn: Covid-19 Community Collection
The Seattle Public Library
1000 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
Please also include your contact information and a description of the items including what they are, when they were created, who created them and any other relevant information.
Terms and Conditions
- You are being asked to contribute your recollections, photographic images, video, or other digital content to The Seattle Public Library which is creating a digital record of the impact of Covid-19 in our community.
- You may only submit material created entirely by you and not copied from or based, in whole or in part, upon any other photographic, literary, or other material, except to the extent that such material is in the public domain, or you have permission of the copyright owner, or its use is allowed by “Fair Use” as prescribed by the terms of United States copyright law. If you would like to refer or nominate material which you do not own, please include the information in the form above or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to submit material. By submitting content through this form, you are granting The Seattle Public Library permission to disseminate, preserve, and use that content in connection with its educational and research mission, including promotional purposes, in all media in perpetuity. You retain ownership of and copyright in the material you share.
- Your material may be published on the web (with or without your name, depending on what you have indicated) as part of The Seattle Public Library's digital collections or exhibits.
- Submitted material must not violate any confidentiality, privacy, security or other laws. Please be aware that all submissions and any information associated with the submissions (email address, descriptive information, etc.) may be provided to federal, state, or local law enforcement or other government agencies pursuant to a lawful subpoena or otherwise as required by law.
- We reserve the right to discard or mark private any submission that The Seattle Public Library staff identify as irrelevant or for any other reason within their professional judgment. The Seattle Public Library is not obligated to include your content in this project or preserve it in perpetuity.