Wallingford Branch 2000 relocation

The original branch first occupied a converted residential space from 1949 to 1985. It then moved to remodeled quarters in the historic North Precinct Police Station that it shared with the 45th Street Clinic.

The relocated branch now has:

  • 2,000 square feet of program space
  • more seats
  • room for the collection of books and materials
  • upgraded technology services and equipment
  • a shared space with Solid Ground, which provides numerous community services.

Quick facts

  • Project type: Relocate existing branch
  • Completion date: 2000
  • Budget for capital costs: $442,000
  • Total library program area: 2,000 square feet
  • Computers: 7
  • Artist: Richard Elliott
  • Library Board steward: Gilbert W. Anderson
  • Architect: The Miller|Hull Partnership
  • Contractor: Harmatta Construction


  • September 2009: The branch reopened after a three-month closure for refurbishing. Improvements included new paint, carpet, an additional computer station and a reconfigured interior layout to increase efficiency of the space.
  • January 2000: The relocated Wallingford Branch of The Seattle Public Library opened Saturday, Jan. 29.
  • September 1999: Construction began on the relocated branch inside the Solid Ground building, then known as the Fremont Public Association Resource Center.