Serving NewHolly since 1943

The Holly Park Station opened May 19, 1943 as part of a housing project development for defense workers. After World War II, many families moved away and eventually the Seattle Housing Authority converted the complex into subsidized, low-income housing.

The library moved and expanded, but it occupied places that had been designed for use as residential homes. The buildings were so small that people lined up outside waiting to get in. Before it moved to its new location, the former Holly Park Library was 1,924 square feet.

Read more


A bright new building

Exterior view of the NewHolly Branch
Exterior view of the NewHolly Branch

The relocated NewHolly Branch is the first branch to open under the "Libraries for All" building program.

The branch was designed by ARC Architects and built by Absher Construction Co.

The branch is on the first floor of the building and has windows along a major arterial, which allows people to easily see inside. Bright accent colors and furnishings and an exposed ceiling structure provide a contemporary appeal. The exterior of the branch was designed so it would fit in with the rest of the campus.

Named Spaces

The Edward and Lillian Bishop Foundation Learning Center

Lillian Fleet Bishop was born in Montesano and lived in the Grays Harbor area until her death. Her civic involvement included the YMCA and Children's Orthopedic Hospital auxiliaries, along with the Grays Harbor College Foundation.

Edward. K. Bishop was born in Alton, Ill., and worked his way west as a cook, teacher, tallyman and reporter. In addition to his numerous business interests, he was a founder of Grays Harbor College, and with his wife established the Bishop Foundation for Eye Treatment and Research, and helped create Camp Bishop for the Aberdeen YMCA.

The Bishops established the Edward and Lillian Bishop Foundation for the youth of Grays Harbor, providing financial assistance to organizations and programs that benefit young people.