KCLS Reciprocal Use Agreement
Effective June 1, 2015, Seattle residents have broader access to King County Library System print and electronic resources.
Seattle residents who register for a King County Library System card may:
- Place up to 10 physical items on hold
- Check out up to 100 physical items
- Place up to 10 holds on e-books and e-audiobooks
- Check out up to 20 e-books and e-audiobooks
- Return KCLS books to any location of The Seattle Public Library
- Residents of the KCLS service area continue to have access to all services of The Seattle Public Library.
The boards of trustees from both library systems approved the new agreement after a year-long analysis on usage trends. The two library systems have had a reciprocal use agreement in place since 1979. The new agreement will be reviewed annually.
If you have a question or need help, Ask Us or call 206-386-4636.