The Seattle Public Library has partnered with Washington State Library to offer free Adobe (ACA), Microsoft (MOS, Microsoft Certified Fundaments, and MTA) and QuickBooks (QBCU) certification exams as a part of the Microsoft Imagine Academy program to those that currently live or attend college in Washington State.
About Certification Exams
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA), Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), and QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU) certifications are industry recognized certifications demonstrating one's proficiency to an employer or prospective college.
- ACA certifications validate one’s design expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- MOS certifications validate one's tech knowledge in a Microsoft Office application - test takers can test in either Office 2016 or Office 2019.
- Microsoft Certified Fundamentals certifications (formerly called MTCs) provide a foundation for those interested in starting a career in artificial intelligence, data science, and cloud computing.
- MTA certifications are for tech professionals with tracks in software development, databases (data platform administration and business intelligence), and IT infrastructure (desktop and server infrastructure, and private cloud computing).
- MTC certifications provide a foundation for those interested in starting a career in artificial intelligence, data science, and cloud computing.
- QCBU validate one's accounting expertise in Intuit QuickBooks.
For a limited time, exams are being offered virtually as Exams from Home (in person exams are not currently available) - please read Certiport’s Test Candidate Guide to ensure your device meets the technical requirements.
We offer the following certification exams:
Adobe Certified Associate (ACA):
- Digital Video using Premiere Pro CC 2018
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Illustrator CC 2018
- Multiplatform Animation using Animate CC 2018
- Print & Digital Media Publication using InDesign CC 2018
- Visual Design using Photoshop CC 2018
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics using After Effects CC 2018
- Web Authoring with Dreamweaver CC 2018
Microsoft Certified Fundamentals (formerly called Microsoft Technical Certifications - MTC):
- Azure AI Fundamentals
- Azure Data Fundamentals
- Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS):
- Access 2016
- Access Expert 2019
- Excel 2016 or 2019
- Excel Expert 2016 or 2019
- Outlook 2016 or 2019
- PowerPoint 2016 or 2019
- Word 2016 or 2019
- Word Expert 2016 or 2019
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA):
- Database Administration Fundamentals
- HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Introduction to Programming using HTML and CSS
- Introduction to Programming using Java
- Introduction to Programming using Python
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Security Fundamentals
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU):
- QuickBooks Certified User online version
We have resources available to help you study:
- Preview the exam interface
- Take a LinkedIn Learning class online with your Library card (ACA, Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, MOS, MTA, QBCU).
- Review an O'Reilly Complete Public Library study guide or take an online class with your Library card (ACA, Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, MOS, MTA, QBCU).
- Take a LearnKey class online (ACA, MOS, MTA, QuickBooks). Email Certifications@spl.org to receive instructions on how to access LearnKey.
- Take a GMetrix practice test online (ACA, MOS, MTA, QuickBooks). Email Certifications@spl.org to receive instructions on how to access GMetrix.