The Seattle Public Library has partnered with Washington State Library to offer free Intuit, Information Technology (IT) Specialist, Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, and Microsoft Office Specialist certification exams as a part of the Microsoft Imagine Academy program to those that currently live, work or attend college in Washington State.
About Certification Exams
Intuit, Information Technology (IT) Specialist, Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications are industry recognized certifications demonstrating one's proficiency to an employer or prospective college.
- Intuit certifications validate one's accounting expertise in Intuit QuickBooks and bookkeeping.
- Microsoft Certified Fundamentals certifications provide are geared towards those interested in starting a career in artificial intelligence, data science, or cloud computing.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications validate one's tech knowledge in a Microsoft Office application.
- Information Technology (IT) Specialist certifications are geared towards IT professionals with tracks such as AI, coding, database administration, networking, security, software development, and mobility and device management.
We offer the following certification exams:
- QuickBooks Online Certified User (QBCU)
- Certified Bookkeeping Professional
- Design for Delight Innovator
Information Technology (IT) Specialist:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Computational Thinking
- Data Analytics
- Device Configuration and Management
- HTML and CSS
- HTML5 Application Development
- Network Security
- Software Development
Microsoft Certified Fundamentals:
- Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (ERP)
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
- Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS):
- Access 2016
- Excel 2016 or 365/2019
- Excel Expert 2016
- Outlook 2016
- PowerPoint 2016
- Word 2016
- Word Expert 2016
We have resources available to help you study:
- Preview the exam interface
- Take a LinkedIn Learning class online with your Library card.
- Review an O'Reilly Complete Public Library study guide or take an online class with your Library card.
- Check out a MOS 2016 Study Guide book with your Library card.
- Take a LearnKey class online. Email Certifications@spl.org to receive instructions on how to access LearnKey from home. Drop in or call 206-386-4636 to reserve a LearnKey practice computer at the Central Library (Level 5).
- Take a GMetrix practice test online. Email Certifications@spl.org to receive instructions on how to access GMetrix. Drop in or call 206-386-4636 to reserve GMetrix practice computer at the Central Library (Level 5).