Library closed Dec. 24 and 25
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Christmas Day Thursday, Dec. 25.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog - Jan. 1
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 1, the Library will be upgrading its electrical power system. During the upgrade, you will be able to search the catalog, but won't be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal) will not be available at all. SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
A Library card is free for anyone who:
- Lives, works, or owns property in the city of Seattle, city of Bothell or most of King County. More...
- Is the spouse or underage dependent of someone who does
- Goes to school in the above areas
To get your card, stop by any Library and bring:
Children's Library card:
- Apply in person only
- Print and fill out the application form
- Bring the completed form and the child to any Library
Institution/Corporate Library card:
- Available to schools, day cares, non-profit organizations, and for-profit businesses
- Contact the Library to request an application
Find Out More
What can I do with a Library card?
- Check out books, movies and music CDs
- Download e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
- Place holds on items in person or online
- Reserve time on a Library computer
- Use online resources
What can I do without a card?
What else should I know about Library cards?
- Visitors and non-resident? You can buy a Library card.
- Lose your card? There is a $1 replacement fee.
- Card lost or stolen? Call Borrower Services at 206-386-4190. Let us know immediately - you are responsible for any borrowed items.