Adult Book Bingo
Every summer we partner with Seattle Arts and Lectures (SAL) to create a Summer Book Bingo card for adults. If you achieve bingo or blackout you will be entered to win fabulous prizes!
Book Bingo wrap up party
Join us Saturday, Sept. 15, 2 p.m. at the Central Library. Come talk with other readers and librarians about books and your summer Book Bingo experience! Winners of our drawing for Book Bingo prizes will be announced at the Book Bingo wrap up party. You don't need to be there to win; all winners will be contacted via email by Sept. 18, 2018.
How to Play
Play Adult Summer Book Bingo!
Keep track of books you read from May 23 through Sept. 4, 2018 by writing the title and author in the matching square. Book titles may be used only once per card, and only one entry per person. For readers 18 and older.
Need suggestions for your squares?
Stop by any branch and ask a librarian for recommendations or request Your Next 5 Books.
For “SAL speaker” and many other categories, consider upcoming Seattle Arts & Lectures authors like Barbara Kingsolver, or Tayari Jones (see lectures.org for the full lineup and list of past speakers). Get more ideas from SAL and SPL on social media, and keep the conversation going by using the hashtag #BookBingoNW2018.
For “Recommended by an Independent Bookseller,” consider visiting one of SAL’s bookstore partners: Ada’s Technical Books; BookTree Kirkland; Edmonds Bookshop; Elliott Bay Book Company; Island Books; Magnolia’s Bookstore; Open Books: A Poem Emporium; Phinney Books; Queen Anne Book Company; Secret Garden Books; Third Place Books (Lake Forest, Ravenna, & Seward Park); & University Book Store.
How do I win?
- BINGO: Complete a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line! Turn in your card and you’ll be entered into a drawing for a gift card to an independent book store.
- Blackout: Complete all 25 squares! Turn in your card and you’ll be entered in a drawing for the grand prize – a library of books by 2018/19 SAL speakers and two tickets to the entire SAL 2018/19 season!
How do I submit my board for the prize drawing?
Submit your completed card (with either a bingo or a blackout) in one of the following ways:
- Drop off your card (or a copy) at any location of The Seattle Public Library.
- Mail your card (or a copy) to:
- Seattle Arts & Lectures
340 15th Ave. E., Suite 301
Seattle, WA 98112
- Seattle Arts & Lectures
- Post a photo of your completed card to one of the Library's or SAL's social media channels using the hashtag #BookBingoNW2018.