Interlibrary Loan for borrowing libraries
We participate in resource sharing with other libraries across the U.S. and internationally.
For libraries that would like to borrow materials from The Seattle Public Library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL), our Interlibrary Loan Department can help you. We take requests from libraries anywhere in the world via OCLC (our symbol is UOK) or by e-mail.
Our Lending Policy
- All loans are for 7 weeks
- You can renew items for 3 weeks if there are no holds
- We charge what you charge
- You can pay by IFM, invoice or IFLA vouchers
- All photocopy requests are subject to U.S. Copyright Law
- We lend reference materials on a case-by-case basis. We restrict reference materials to In-Library Use Only with no renewals.
Items We Do Not Lend
- VHS cassettes
- Music/entertainment CDs or cassettes
- Digital books or media (e-books)
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer on microfilm
- Materials in our Aviation History Collection or the Seattle Room
If you are a Seattle Public Library cardholder and would like to request an Interlibrary Loan, please go to Interlibrary Loans to find out how. If you live outside our service area, contact your local library to learn about Interlibrary Loans.
If you have a question or need help, email our Interlibrary Loan Department.