The Seattle Public Library Celebrates Pride Beginning June 2
release date: 06/01/2018
The Seattle Public Library will be at events throughout the city in June and July to celebrate Pride and bring Library services to the community.
The Library is a place for everyone, regardless of gender identity and sexual orientation. We work with local organizations and community members to offer programming for LGBTQIA patrons and allies. We also host engaging discussions on issues affecting LGBTQIA communities and offer resources to build knowledge.
Drag Queen Story Time with Sparkle Leigh - Make the Greenwood Branch one of your stops during the PhinneyWood Pride Rainbow Hop! Sparkle Leigh, the Pride mermaid, will be performing stories and songs for ages 7 and under. Free tickets are available at the branch starting at 10 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 2 at the Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086.
- Noon to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 2 at the Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086.
Library Staff at Pride Events – Come by the Library's table to learn more about how the Library serves Seattle’s LGBTQIA youth and families! Staff will be signing up visitors for Library cards, checking out LGBTQIA books, handing out LGBTQIA-focused booklists, providing interactive activities and talking about various resources that the Library provides.
- South Park Pride Picnic – 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 3 at the Duwamish Waterway Park, 7900 10th Ave. S.
- Trans Pride Seattle – 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, June 22 at Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave.
- Family Pride and Queer Youth Pride – 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, June 23 at Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave.
- Latinx Pride Festival Seattle – 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, July 14 at El Centro de la Raza, 2524 16th Ave. S.
- Emerald City Black Pride – 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, July 29 at the Jimi Hendrix Park, 2400 S. Massachusetts St.
LGBTQIA Rainbow Family Story Times - Bring your children from birth to age 5 for a story time celebration of LGBTQIA families.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Thursday, June 7 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 1, Anne Marie Gault Story Hour Room, 206-386-4675.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, June 18 at the Capitol Hill Branch, 425 Harvard Ave. E., 206-684-4715.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 20 at the Capitol Hill Branch, 425 Harvard Ave. E., 206-684-4715.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Thursday, June 21 at the Madrona/Sally Goldmark Branch, 1134 33rd Ave., Mimi Howard Reading Area, 206-684-4705.
- 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, June 21 at the Lake City Farmer's Market, Northeast 125th Street & 28th Avenue Northeast.
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Saturday, June 23 at the Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
History Café: Exploring Land Trusts with Queer The Land – 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 20 at the Museum of History and Industry, 860 Terry Ave N. Join Queer The Land, Seattle’s newest housing collective for queer and trans people of color, as they explore the history of land trusts in Washington State. You'll hear about housing projects, how land trusts have saved Washington’s farmers, and the collective's favorite cooperative economic land-based projects across the U.S.
2018 Seattle Pride Parade - 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, June 24 along Fourth Avenue (beginning at Union St.). Join us during Seattle’s Pride weekend as the Library and our Bookmobile marches with the city of Seattle during the 44th annual Seattle Pride Parade in celebration with Seattle’s LGBTQIA communities.