Student Success Services: The Seattle Public Library's Programs for K-12 Students Begin Sept. 5
release date: 09/04/2018
We offer programs and services to help students of all ages succeed in school. K-12 students can get help with their homework, and kids without homework can read and play learning enrichment games with trained tutors. Teens have the opportunity to get academic coaching and earn service-learning hours. Find out more information at our Student Success page.
Library events and programs are free and open to the public. Registration is not required.
STUDENT SUCCESS PROGRAMS
Drop-in Homework Help - You can get Homework Help most days during the school year, except on holidays. Our volunteers can help K-12 students with English, math, social studies and science. Each branch also has volunteers who specialize in high school English and high school math.
Homework Help for children and teens is offered after school at the following locations:
- Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
- Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-7519.
- Columbia Branch, 4721 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1908.
- Douglass-Truth Branch, 2300 E. Yesler Way, 206-684-4704.
- Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086.
- High Point Branch, 3411 S.W. Raymond St., 206-684-7454.
- Lake City Branch, 12501 28th Ave. N.E., 206-684-7518. (Will take place at the Lake City Community Center until the branch opens in late 2018
- NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S., 206-386-1905.
- Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
- Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave S., 206-386-1906.
- South Park Branch, 8604 Eighth Ave. S., 206-615-1688.
Online Help - Students may use the Ask Us reference service to find information or get a question answered. The service is available 24 hours a day. Students can also access online resources from the Library's website at our Student Research page.
Learning Buddies: One-on-One Tutoring - Elementary students read with a high school mentor and play math and reading skill-building games. This is a first-come, first-served, drop-in program. Each session lasts one hour. The program is available at these branches - please note: schedules vary by location.