Queen Anne Branch Hours Temporarily Reduced Beginning May 29
release date: 05/15/2018
Weekday hours at the Queen Anne Branch, 400 W. Garfield St., 206-386-4227, will be temporarily reduced for about a month while a leaking skylight above the computer area is replaced. Work involves scaffolding and heavy equipment and people can’t be safely inside the branch while contractors are working overhead.
Open hours will be:
- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Closed Friday
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
If the new hours are not convenient, patrons may use a nearby branch:
- Fremont Branch, 731 N. 35th St., 206-684-4084
- Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W., 206-684-4089
- Magnolia Branch, 2801 34th Ave. W., 206-386-4225
Other impacts include:
- No parking. The branch’s two parking spaces will be unavailable.
- Limited ADA access. The ADA side entrance for wheelchairs, walkers and strollers will be open the same hours as the branch.
- Limited computer access. Most of the computers will be removed during the work. The branch hopes to provide several internet-access computers for adults. Computers in the children’s area will be unaffected.
- New story time location. Family story times will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 31 and 11 a.m. Thursday, June 7 at the Queen Anne Community Center, 1901 First Ave. W. June 14 story time has been canceled so the children’s librarian can make school visits.
- Monday evening pajama story time will still be held at the branch.
We expect the skylight work to be finished in late June.
The work is part of several construction projects that began in April to replace the skylight, rebuild the worn chimney, clean and repair the slate roof, and re-landscape areas affected by the construction.
In late June through August there will be noisy exterior construction work such as jackhammering and limited access to the lawn during roof repair and landscaping.
All work is expected to be completed by the end of the summer.