The Seattle Public Library Celebrates Pride Beginning June 1
release date: 05/29/2019
The Seattle Public Library will be at events throughout the city in June and July to celebrate Pride and bring Library services to the community.
The Library is a place for everyone, regardless of gender identity and sexual orientation. We bring people, information and ideas together to enrich lives and build community. Local organizations and community members work with us to offer Library programs for LGBTQ patrons and allies. We also host engaging discussions on issues affecting LGBTQ communities, and offer resources to build knowledge.
PRIDE EVENTS SCHEDULE
Drag Queen Story Time - Make the Greenwood Branch one of your stops during the PhinneyWood Pride Rainbow Hop! Londyn Bradshaw will be performing stories and songs for ages 7 and under. Free tickets are available at the branch starting at 10 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 1 at the Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086.
- Noon to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 1 at the Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086.
Bilingual Drag Queen Storytime / La Hora del Cuento Drag Queen Bilingüe - Join us at the South Park Pride Picnic as South Park Branch hosts a storytime in English and Spanish with One. For all ages. ¡Acompáñenos en el South Park Pride Picnic! La sucursal de South Park presentará la Hora del Cuento Bilingüe con One. Para todas las edades.
- 1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, June 2 at the Duwamish Waterway Park, 7900 10th Ave. S. & S. Elmgrove St.
Library Staff at Pride Events – Come by the Library's table to learn more about how the Library serves Seattle’s LGBTQ youth and families! Staff will be signing up visitors for Library cards, checking out LGBTQ books, handing out LGBTQ-focused booklists, providing interactive activities and talking about various resources that the Library provides.
- Phinney Rainbow Hop & Cargo Bike Festival – 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, June 1 at Marrow Lane (between Greenwood Ave N and Palatine in the Greenwood neighborhood)
- Trans Pride Seattle – 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, June 28 at Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave.
- PrideFest Family Pride – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 29 at Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave.
- PrideFest Queer Youth Pride – 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, June 29 at Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave.
- Latinx Pride Festival Seattle – 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, July 14 at El Centro de la Raza, 2524 16th Ave. S.
Rainbow Story Times - Bring your children from birth to age 5 for a story time celebration of LGBTQ families.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 5 at the Southwest Branch, 9010 35th Ave. S.W., 206-684-7455.
- 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Thursdays, June 6 and 13 at the Magnolia Branch, 2801 34th Ave. W., 206-386-4225.
- 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 15 at the Montlake Branch, 2401 24th Ave. E., 206-684-4720.
- 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, June 19 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 1, Anne Marie Gault Story Hour Room, 206-386-4636.
- 11 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 22 at the Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
- 11:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 22 at the High Point Branch, 3411 S.W. Raymond St., 206-684-7454.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, June 24 at the Capitol Hill Branch, 425 Harvard Ave. E., 206-684-4715.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 26 at the Capitol Hill Branch, 425 Harvard Ave. E., 206-684-4715.
- 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 27 at the Madrona-Sally Goldmark Branch, 1134 33rd Ave., 206-684-4705.
- 4 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, June 27 at the Lake City Branch, 12501 28th Ave. N.E., 206-684-7518.
- 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Saturday, June 29 at the Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
There Goes the Gayborhood: Panel Discussion with Historic Seattle – Join Historic Seattle and Vanishing Seattle for a discussion on the history of LGBTQ spaces and the changing nature of our city. In the face of rapid redevelopment, how do we save the places that anchor Seattle’s LGBTQ communities but may lack the architectural significance typically required for landmarking? A panel of preservationists, small business owners, and activists will discuss important community places and the challenges we face in making preservation more inclusive. Registration is requested, but not required.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 8 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium, 206-386-4636.
Pride Trivia - Join us for LGBTQ Pride-themed pub trivia at Optimism Brewing Company. Show off your pride and your smarts, impress your friends, enjoy great beer, and win fabulous library prizes! No entry fee: All are welcome! Bring takeout, or order food from the on-site food truck. Trivia starts at 7 p.m., but arrive early to get your team a table.
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, June 24 at Optimism Brewing Company, 1158 Broadway.
2019 Seattle Pride Parade - Join us during Seattle’s Pride weekend as the Library and our Bookmobile marches with the city of Seattle during the 45th annual Seattle Pride Parade in celebration with Seattle’s LGBTQ communities.
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, June 30 along Fourth Avenue (beginning at Union St.)
The Library's dynamic approach to building community that enriches lives includes programming that brings people, information and ideas together to respect and embrace the well-being of the people we serve. We celebrate Seattle’s many cultures by forming strong partnerships with community organizations.