Money Smart Week at The Seattle Public Library Begins April 3
release date: 03/22/2019
Learn to manage your finances this April with The Seattle Public Library. The Library will offer several free workshops for Money Smart Week beginning Wednesday, April 3. You'll discover basic investing, how to buy a house, identity theft prevention and more at several Library locations.
The programs are free and open to the public. Registration is not required.
Home Buying 101 - Come learn from local experts and be empowered with the knowledge and training you need to avoid the scams and costly mistakes made by so many homebuyers.
- 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave, Level 4, Washington Mutual Foundation Meeting Room 1, 206-386-4636.
Identity Theft Solutions - Identity theft is becoming more common and sophisticated than ever. Learn how identity thieves access confidential information, get tools for preventing identity theft, and find out what steps to take if your identity is stolen.
- Noon to 1 p.m. Friday, April 5 at the University Branch, 5009 Roosevelt Way N.E., 206-684-4063.
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, April 7 at the Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086.
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 15 at the Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Ave. N.E., 206-684-7539.
- Noon to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 20 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2, 206-386-4636.
Basic Investing – Learn how to invest your money to gain financial independence and provide steps to a great (and maybe early) retirement.
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 6 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave, Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2, 206-386-4636.
Student Loan Payment & Options - Are you affected by student loan debt? Join us for a free presentation on student loan repayment and options, and consult with a financial professional or attorney about your student loan debt.
- 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, May 4 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave, Level 4, Washington Mutual Foundation Meeting Room 1, 206-386-4636.
These events are presented in partnership with Seattle Credit Union, BetterInvesting–Puget Sound Chapter, and the Outreach & Education Committee of the Washington State Attorney General's Student Loan Workgroup.