English Learning Classes at The Seattle Public Library Beginning June 25
release date: 06/19/2018
This summer, The Seattle Public Library will offer several levels of English learning classes that meet for 8-10 weeks.
Students will focus on speaking, listening, building vocabulary, reading and writing skills. Classes begin Monday, June 25 and go through Thursday, Aug. 30.
Library events and programs are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is required. Registration and testing will take place the first two weeks of class.
Family-friendly English Class – Families are welcome at this class! Activities for children will be provided.
- 9:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, June 27 through Aug. 30 at the South Park Branch, 8604 Eighth Ave. S., 206-615-1688.
Beginner English Class – Attend if you speak little or no English.
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mondays & Wednesdays, June 25 through Aug. 29 at the Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 26 through Aug. 30 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2, 206-684-0849.
Intermediate English Class – Attend if you speak some English.
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, June 25 through Aug. 29 at the Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
Intermediate English Class for Immigrants and Refugees – Another intermediate English class may be a better fit for you if you have a U.S. Visa Type of F, M, B, J or Student.
- 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 26 through Aug. 14 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 4, PACCAR Inc. Meeting Room 6, 206-684-0849.
These classes are offered in partnership with Seattle Central College.