Learn How to Negotiate at Work With The Seattle Public Library's Free Online Seminars in August & September
release date: 07/31/2020
Significantly develop your negotiation skills in a series of free online seminars offered by The Seattle Public Library from August 5 to September 30.
These workshops are designed for the negotiation issues that employees and organizational leaders will come across during and after COVID-19. Specifically, you will learn to develop solutions to problems faced in negotiations - and the best ways to put those solutions into place.
NEGOTIATION SKILLS WORKSHOPS
Preparation is how most negotiations succeed or fail. Negotiators succeed when they have developed a systematic plan for their negotiation. In these sessions, we will discuss how to prepare for a negotiation and avoid negotiation traps. You will receive a pre-negotiation plan to use for your own negotiations, and there will be lots of time to ask questions.
These sessions will help you to build confidence in your ability as a negotiator, prepare a systematic plan, self-evaluate your negotiations, analyze other negotiators, and learn how to evaluate your choices once negotiations have started.
- Session 1: Introduction to Negotiations – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5
- Session 2: Single Issue Negotiations – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19
- Session 3: Negotiations with Multiple Issues – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 2
- Session 4: Influence Tactics and Advanced Negotiation Strategies – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 16
- Session 5: Multiparty Negotiations – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30
Registration is required for each session. Sign up in the session's calendar entry on the Library's website. These workshops will also be recorded and made available online.