College Financial Aid Help for High School Students: Workshops at The Seattle Public Library Begin Oct. 12
release date: 10/01/2019
Are you planning to attend college in the 2020-21 school year? Need help filling out the FAFSA or the WASFA? Get help with your financial aid application at one of our financial aid workshops at Library locations throughout the city.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12 at the Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
- 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29 at the Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1906.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16 at the International District/Chinatown Branch, 713 Eighth Ave. S., 206-386-1300.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14 at the NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S., 206-386-1905.
- 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020 at the Columbia Branch, 4721 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1908.
What to Bring
- Your social security number. If you are not a U.S. citizen, bring your alien registration number or I-797 form.
- Your income information. W-2 forms from all jobs worked in 2018, or a 2018 tax return.
- A parent. If you are under 24, we recommend coming to the workshop with at least one parent. However, this is not a requirement.
- Your parents’ financial information. Bring your parents' 2018 tax returns.
If your application isn't completed in the allotted workshop time, follow up support will be arranged through the Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) Post-Secondary Success Program. Questions about what to expect at a financial aid workshop? Please contact Emily at ReWA or call 206-721-8453.
Library events and programs are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is not required.
The Library supports children and youth by giving them opportunities to excel and learn through our educational resources, classes and staff assistance. We help level the playing field for underserved populations by forming a strong partnership with ReWA to offer aid with student success.