College Financial Aid Help for High School Students This Fall: Workshops at the Seattle Public Library Begin Oct. 1
release date: 09/24/2018
Are you planning to attend college in the 2019-20 school year? Need help filling out the FAFSA or the WASFA? Get help with your financial aid application at one of our financial aid workshops in October and November at Library locations throughout the city.
Library events and programs are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is not required.
- 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1 at the Columbia Branch, 4721 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1908.
- 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 at the Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
- 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17 at the Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1906.
- Noon to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25 at the NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S., 206-386-1905.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10 at the Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18 at the Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
What to Bring
For the workshop, please remember to bring:
- Your income information. W-2 forms from all jobs worked in 2017, or a 2017 tax return.
- A parent. If you are under 24, we recommend coming to the workshop with at least one parent. However, this is not a requirement.
- Your parents’ financial information. One parents' 2017 tax return.
If your application isn't completed in the allotted workshop time, follow up support will be arranged through the Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) Post-Secondary Success Program. Questions about what to expect at a financial aid workshop? Please contact Lucinda at ReWA or call 206-721-0243, ext. 249.
The Library supports children and youth by giving them opportunities to excel and learn through our educational resources, classes and staff assistance. We help level the playing field for underserved populations by forming a strong partnership with ReWA to offer aid with student success.
For more information, Ask Us or call 206-386-4636.