English Classes at The Seattle Public Library Begin June 24
release date: 06/14/2019
This summer, The Seattle Public Library will offer several levels of English classes that meet for 8-10 weeks.
Students will focus on speaking, listening, building vocabulary, reading and writing skills. Classes begin Monday, June 24 and go through Thursday, Aug. 29.
Library events and programs are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is required. Registration and testing will take place the first week of class.
Beginner English Class – Attend if you speak little or no English.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays & Wednesdays, June 24 to Aug. 28 at the Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 25 to Aug. 29 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 4, Howard S. Wright Family & Janet W. Ketcham Meeting Room 2, 206-684-0849.
Intermediate English Class – Attend if you speak some English.
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, June 24 to Aug. 28 at the Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
Intermediate English Class for Immigrants and Refugees – Another intermediate English class may be a better fit for you if you have a U.S. Visa Type of F, M, B, J or Student.
- 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 25 to Aug. 15 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 4, PACCAR Inc. Meeting Room 6, 206-684-0849.
Family-friendly English Class – Families are welcome at this class! Activities for children will be provided.
- 9:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, June 26 to Aug. 29 at the South Park Branch, 8604 Eighth Ave. S., 206-615-1688.
The Library brings people, information and ideas together to enrich lives and build community. We support universal access to information and ideas, and form strong partnerships with community organizations to offer classes and workshops that are accessible to all.