Develop Your Professional Skills With The Seattle Public Library's Online Job Workshops This Winter
release date: 01/27/2021
In the past year, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we work and has left many looking for new employment opportunities. Get the tools you need to be successful in today's work environment with The Seattle Public Library's job skills workshops for teens and adults this January, February and March. Whether you want to switch the direction of your career, build your professional network or learn tips for video interviews, we have something for you.
Library events are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is required, sign up for individual workshops in the Library's event calendar.
- How to Build a Resume: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Jan. 28
- Target and Refine a Resume: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Feb. 4
- Interview Skills: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Feb. 11
- Creating a LinkedIn Profile: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Feb. 18
- Building Your Social Network Through LinkedIn: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Feb. 25
- Career Exploration: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 4
- Mock Interview (Technique & Practice): 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 11
- Job Search Strategies: 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 18
These job skills and digital creativity classes are made possible by support from The Seattle Public Library Foundation, and in partnership with South Seattle College.
The Library's dynamic approach to building community that enriches lives includes programming that brings people, information and ideas together to respect and embrace the well-being of the people we serve. Job resources, digital learning and digital creativity classes are some of the creative solutions the Library finds to meet the public's changing needs and interests.
All physical locations of The Seattle Public Library are closed in accordance with public health guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visit the Library's Road to Reopening page for more information on book returns, Curbside Service and other Library services being offered.
The Seattle Public Library has many free online services, resources and programs available while its physical buildings remain closed. Contact the Library’s Ask Us service by phone at 206-386-4636 or by email or chat at www.spl.org/Ask. Staff are ready to answer questions and direct you to helpful resources and information during this challenging time.