Volunteer to Tutor K-12 Students at the Seattle Public Library
release date: 08/08/2019
The Seattle Public Library is seeking Homework Help volunteers for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Volunteers help children and teens develop literacy and mathematics skills, understand homework assignments and prepare for college. Volunteers tutor students in all academic subjects and may also specialize in English, math and science. We request a volunteer commitment for the entire school year.
Contact email@example.com to request a volunteer application if you can begin as a Homework Helper in early September. Volunteer applications are accepted July through March each year.
Homework Help will be offered at the following Library locations from Sept. 9, 2019 through June 11, 2020:
- Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S.
- Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Columbia Branch, 4721 Rainier Ave. S.
- Douglass-Truth Branch, 2300 E. Yesler Way
- Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N.
- High Point Branch, 3411 S.W. Raymond St.
- Lake City Branch, 12501 28th Ave. N.E.
- NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S.
- Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E.
- Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S.
- South Park Branch, 8604 Eighth Ave. S.
The Library supports children and youth by giving them opportunities to excel and learn through our educational resources, classes and staff assistance. We help level the playing field for underserved populations by forming a strong partnership with our community members to offer aid with student success.