'Bach in the Subways': Live Musical Performances at The Seattle Public Library March 25
release date: 03/14/2018
In celebration of J.S. Bach's 333rd birthday, come listen to an afternoon of performances of Bach's works from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 25 at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 1, Microsoft Auditorium, 206-386-4636.
Library programs are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is not required. Parking is available in the Central Library garage for $7.
Seattle-area pianists Jessica Evotia Andrews-Hall, Mark Hensley, Karin McCullough, Brooks Tran, Isaac Van Hoecke and Lucy Wenger will perform selected Bach masterworks.
The program will include:
- Brahms' left hand transcription of the Chaconne from Bach's D minor violin partita
- Organ work transcriptions - the Bach-Busoni Prelude and Fugue in D BWV 532
- Bach-Kabalevsky Toccata and Fugue in d "Dorian" BWV 538
- Bach-Busoni Choral Prelude: "Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesus Christ" BWV 639
- Bach-Busoni Choral Prelude: "Nun komm' der Heiden Heiland" BWV 659
- Bach-Busoni Choral Prelude: "Wachet auk, rift runs die Stimme" BWV 645
- Bach-Rummell Cantata BWV 127 Aria "Die Seele ruth in Jesu Handen"
- Bach-Siloti Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major BWV 1068 Air
- Bach-Siloti Prelude in B minor from Clavierbuchlein fur W.F. Bach BWV 855a
- English Suite No. 5 in E minor BWV 810
- Well-Tempered Clavier Book I Prelude & Fugue in D Major, E minor, B-flat minor
- Book II Prelude & Fugue in E minor
- French Suites Nos. 1 & 2
Bach in the Subways is an annual celebration of Bach's music. Musicians around the world share his music by performing in subways, public spaces and concerts that are open to all. In 2017, Bach in the Subways Seattle shattered all previous records for a single city: 300 musicians, 150 performances in a dozen locations – over 53 hours of music!