Impact on Local Businesses
We support entrepreneurship in our community, particularly in underserved areas.
Summary of Business Programs
Library to Business
- We held 260 one-on-one help sessions with local entrepreneurs that gave them free access to market research and business resources.
- Of entrepreneurs who accessed one-on-one help, 56% indicated they were starting a business, 69% said their business was a woman- or minority-certified (WMBE) business; 19% said their business was an LGBTQ-certified business; and 19% said it was a veteran-owned business.
- We added one-on-one business meetings, already available at Central Library and five branches, to Ballard, Green Lake and Lake City branches.
- More than 70 business workshops and networking events drew an attendance of 1,400 people.
- 40 community partners enhanced the Library’s small business program.
- New and enhanced programs and partnerships included the UW Entrepreneurial Law Clinic Workshops and the Islamic Finance Network.