Library Closed Monday, May 29
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog – May 28 and May 29
The Library will be performing maintenance on our catalog starting at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, May 28 - 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 29. During this time, you will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but will not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal), SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
The Adult Education Tutoring program provides one-on-one, walk-in tutoring. Tutors help learners develop the skills needed to be successful as workers, family members, and citizens. No registration is necessary.
Tutors provide instruction in the following subject areas:
- Basic skills: Tutoring is available for English language, reading, writing, and pre-college level math. ESL books are available for grammar, vocabulary, and life skills. Some writing help is available for college students in introductory classes.
- GED: Test preparation help is available for pre-GED, social studies, science, language arts (reading and writing), and math.
- Compass: Test preparation help is available for the Compass exam (the computerized English and math placement exam for Seattle Colleges).
- Citizenship test: Test preparation help is available for the citizenship civics exam.
- Job readiness: Tutors can help with general job readiness skills.
- Life skills: Tutors help learners develop the skills necessary to be successful in daily life.
View the Library's Literacy/ESL Calendar to see a complete list of tutoring sessions.