Level 3 floor of Central Library to be upgraded; Services temporarily relocated in April and May
In April and May, The Seattle Public Library will upgrade the finish of the wood floor on Level 3 of the Central Library, which will result in the temporary relocation of some public services.
Circulation desk and interior book drop on Level 3 temporarily close. Patrons may check out and return materials as usual on Level 1. The exterior book drop on Fifth Avenue remains open.
- Coffee cart moves outside to the Fourth Avenue plaza.
- Fiction staff and a portion of the Fiction collection move to Level 6.
- FriendShop operates on a smaller scale in the lobby on Level 1.
- LEAP for people with disabilities moves to the computer lab in Literacy/ESL/World Languages on Level 1; ESL and World Languages computer classes move to the computer labs on Level 4.
- Teen Services moves to the children's area on Level 1.
- Tours will be temporarily suspended.
The bike racks outside the Fifth Avenue entrance will be unavailable, but cyclists may use bike racks outside the Fourth Avenue entrance and in the parking garage.
The water-based finish on the Level 3 floor has not worn well and will be replaced with a similarly colored oil-based finish.
For more information, visit the Library's Web site at www.spl.org or call the Library at (206) 386-4636.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index