The Seattle Public Library hosts book collecting workshop Oct. 6
The Seattle Public Library will host a book collecting workshop for beginners from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 at the Green Lake Branch, 7364 Green Lake Dr. N.
The workshop is free and open to the public. Registration is not required. Free parking is available at the branch.
Learn the basics of collecting books from experts and seasoned collectors. The workshop schedule includes:
- "Collecting Modern Fiction" - presented by Greg Perkins
- "Pacific Northwest History and Lewis and Clark Materials" - presented by Mike Repass
- "The Pleasure and Pain of Collecting Dick and Jane" - presented by Reed Bilz
- "Book Values and What Affects Them" - presented by Pamela Harer
- "How a Bookseller Can Help You Start and Define Your Collection - presented by Taylor Bowie
The workshop is sponsored by the Book Club of Washington and The Seattle Public Library's Special Collections Department.
For more information, call Special Collections at 206-386-4610 or Ask a Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index