Library Closed Monday, May 29
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog – May 28 and May 29
The Library will be performing maintenance on our catalog starting at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, May 28 - 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 29. During this time, you will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but will not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal), SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
Collections = Quality
We promised to provide a robust collection of books and materials.
- Increased variety and depth of the physical collection by adding more than 43,000 new titles to print books, audiobooks, DVDs and CDs
- Added 56,000+ new e-book and e-audiobook files
- Bought 33,000+ more copies of popular materials to shorten wait times
- Added access to more than 8,000 digital comics and magazines
- Digitized 5,000+ Seattle Collection items to provide greater access to the city's history, including Bungalow Magazine (1912-1918) and more than 2,400 photos of the Space Needle construction, launching the George Gulacsik Photograph Collection
2016 Levy Spending: $2.7 million
Leverage Levy Investments:
- Launched PlayBack, an online local music collection curated by a jury of Seattle music experts to share local music with patrons -- with funds from The Seattle Public Library Foundation