Library Closed Monday, May 29
All locations of The Seattle Public Library and the book drops at the Central Library will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
Service interruption in the Library's Online Catalog – May 28 and May 29
The Library will be performing maintenance on our catalog starting at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, May 28 - 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 29. During this time, you will be able to search the Bibliocommons catalog, but will not be able to log in, place holds, renew items or use other catalog features. The former Library catalog (Horizon Information Portal), SPL Mobile, access to e-books, free music downloads and many databases and applications also will be unavailable.
Hours = Access
We promised to keep libraries open when patrons need them.
- Retained more than 6,000 new open hours systemwide
- Added 32 open hours per week by restoring Friday hours at International District/Chinatown, University, High Point and South Park branches
- Offered more than 1,400 outreach and other offsite events in the community
- Issued nearly 61,610 new or replacement Library cards
2016 Levy Spending: $3.6 million
Leveraging Levy Investments:
- Hired a community resource specialist to help connect homeless and insecurely housed patrons with social services - with funds from The Seattle Public Library Foundation