Technology = Opportunity
We promised to improve computer and online services.
- Offered 300+ technology classes to teach patrons how to use email, the internet, etc.
- Replaced 123 levy-funded public computers
- Installed cable in meeting rooms at four branches with widescreen TVs and added widescreen TV and sound equipment at High Point Branch
- Piloted in-building checkout of tablets and laptops in Rainier Beach, High Point, University and International District/Chinatown branches
- Kicked off website redesign project and completed first phase of work
2016 Levy Spending: $1.2 million
Leveraging Levy Investments:
Increased number of mobile hotspots
to 775 to allow patrons to "borrow" the internet - with funds from cable franchise fees and The Seattle Public Library Foundation